Thursday, November 10, 2011

HOW MANY EGGS??

Soo finally Egg Retrieval came and went and I survived! I am still in a bit of pain and walking slowly and it hurts if I move a lot or cough.. Today though I feel that the swelling has come down a bit..Omg I was soo nervous that morning... soo anticipating that day..everyone that was there to take care of me though were wonderful..soo attentive and nice. It really helped me to relax some.



 I checked in at 8:15 and was prepped ..I went in at 9:30am they walked me in to the "surgery" room and my first impression of the bed was of a torture device..it had a place for your arms to rest outstretched with cuffs that strapped your arms tight to them...the place where they put your legs looked very uncomfortable..it looked like your legs are propped up high and spread out...man! Well good thing that shortly after they laid me down they let go of the anesthesia and I just started to feel relaxed and dizzy..and whoop fell asleep quickly..soo didnt really get a chance to freak out...lol...

The procedure I understand took like 20 min..very quickly in an out..there were two other couples there too having an egg retrieval and a frozen embryo transfer so my doctor was busy that morning...the recovery/prep rooms were divided by curtains soo you can hear everything they said..I learned that the couple that had done IVF and were there for their retrieval only were able to produce 4 eggs...I felt sad that they only had 4 of them...but they still have a chance with four! I wish them the best and hope that they are successful :)...Me on the other hand had a crazy basket full of eggs! I had 31 eggs removed..wow! that is a lot I think that is why I feel soo sore and in pain still because since I had soo many they did a lot more poking around and soo my insides are really beat up...I really hope that I feel myself again come Saturday for my embryo transfer...Cause right now I cant handle any more poking around in there.

Yay finally got the call today from the embryologist and she informed me that we have 16 embryos! 11 fertilized normally by my hubby's sperm (good job little guys!) and 5 done with ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): A test-tube fertilization procedure in which a sperm is injected directly into an egg to achieve fertilization. ICSI is done for male infertilityBabies conceived by ICSI have no more major birth defects or delays in development than children conceived by natural means)...my doctor suggested this after my husband had a semen analysis during our preliminary testing and we discovered that he had borderline low motility (in other words Lazy Sperm) ..so my Dr. thought that we should have this available in case the sperm, at the time of egg retrieval, dont look like they will be able to fertilize the eggs...she wasn't too worried about the sperm fertilizing the eggs because I had already gotten pregnant twice..she felt that it could have been the reason why it took me soo long to get pregnant those two times.. she advised us to at least use it on some of the eggs..just in case...but lo and behold! they did their job after all! they fertilized 11 eggs!..Awesome! For me now its about taking it easy and recovering from the egg retrieval..I want to be ready and strong to welcome our little bundles into my womb on Sat.. ;) I will post again and let you know how the transfer went..ciao!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Wow exciting! <3

Unknown said...

Wow exciting!

Jonalyn said...

Oh my goodness! What an unbelievable success! Can't wait to hear how the transfer goes tomorrow! Try not to stress. :) Everything sounds awesome so far!