Sunday, November 13, 2011

EMBRYO TRANSFER

Ahh the day finally came...soo much work to get to this point...was excited...It was relatively painless just uncomfortable but painless..My mom and I were able to see the embryos in the dish through a microscope..pretty cool they were the two embryos that were 8cells each grades A & A- ...which are very good ..I was informed by the embryologist that out of the 31 eggs removed 16 were fertilized and only 5 were worthy of keeping..2 were put back into me and only 3 were frozen. Crazy! Incredible out of soo many eggs only 5 were good. That kinda made me sad..not sure why...

I am recovering nicely..not bad..I am feeling kinda beat up...exhausted..this whole process is soooo draining in every way! I am proud of myself that I endured through it and am here now at the end of the process...it was pretty rough no doubt. I am now only on Progesterone..if the embryos stick around it will help support the pregnancy...I gave up the shots because they were ridiculously painful..and opted for suppositories..a little messy but better for me...I don't have to depend on anyone anymore to administer the medicine...my mom is happy! lol...I am anxiously awaiting the day when we can confirm whether I am pregnant or not..Nov 23rd is the day...I have decided not to cheat before and avoid testing myself before the 23rd..it will be hard to stick to that..we shall she if I will do it or not...I am going to try to be patient and whatever the outcome will have to deal. 

Me ready in my hospital gown waiting for the nurse to come back..:)
 My mom all suited up ready to go..lol..

This video is not very good footage(sorry) but you can hear some of what is being said...the room was fairly dark so my Mom had trouble getting a good picture...on the ultrasound screen too its hard to see what is going on on there..... I was really close to it and barely was able to tell or see the catheter when it went up into my cervix or the tube that went in with the embryos and when the Dr. dropped them into my cervix.....darn! oh well!


This video is when we were all done..I was soo afraid of moving too much cause i was afraid that they would fall out...you can see when everyone laughs that's when I said it..lol...




2 comments:

Jonalyn said...

Yay! So are you just going to take it easy for a couple of weeks? I'd be feeling like just laying down until test time! I know that nothing is going to "fall out" like you mentioned, but still. :) I've heard that progesterone in oil is not a fun shot. Glad you have an alternative!

Aracely said...

ahhh I wish I could take two weeks of rest lol..but gotta go to work..I am glad that the transfer happened on Sat though..then I got to rest some on Sat & Sun before heading back to work..I didnt really want to take too much time off unless absolutely necessary..but the Dr. said I really didnt have to rest ..I can just go about my day like normal..weird..of course with restrictions...no heavy lifting, excercising..etc...yes the progesterone shots are ridiculous..I endured 4 of them and I was in soo much pain..it was really hard to walk or sit...no way will I be able to handle about a month of these everyday..ugh...so I changed to suppositories..messy but soo much better! ahh no pain! Wishing for a positive on Wednesday! :)